History of Nittany Oil Company

BACK
  • NittanyTruck 1958

    The Early Years

    In 1962, George Martin and his son, Jim, started a customer oriented heating oil and gasoline supplier, Tide Water Oil Distributorship, in Blair County and aggressively sought new business. In 1978, the company was changed to Martin Oil Company and two years later they acquired well- established Nittany Oil Company. Geared towards Centre and Mifflin Counties, Nittany Oil Company was started in 1958 by Galen Driebelbis, an enterprising individual who built a wonderful foundation for the company that we know today.

  • fueltruck.jpg

    Continued Growth

    For several years Nittany Oil grew to be the trusted residential heating oil provider in Central Pennsylvania. Nittany Oil continued to grow when it purchased K.V. Oil Company in Mifflin County and Hilltop Oil Company in Juniata County in 2003. Four years later Nittany Oil also bought Wilson Oil as well as State Gas & Oil. In June of 2010, Nittany Oil appropriated the very reputable, Pickelner Fuel Co., and a few months later, Nittany Oil made its acquisition of K&C fuel in Mifflintown. Most recently, Nittany Oil has been excited to bring A-1 Fuel Company on board and also become a dependable fuel provider to the Natural Gas Drilling industry.

  • weblogo

    Dependable Service

    Nittany Oil's growth in Central PA can be attributed to the professionals who have been working for many years. Each one plays a vital role in the growth and daily operations of the company. With 26 Convenience Stores, over 25,000 residential heating oil customers, and many large commercial clients, Nittany Oil is proud to have grown from a small family business into one of the largest Oil Companies in Pennsylvania.